Definition of water-resistant in English:
Able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
- Have the child wear sleeves that are snug at the wrist, mittens (they are warmer than gloves) and water-resistant coats and shoes.
- The fabric is water-resistant and durable, capable of withstanding any elements you may encounter on your adventures.
- This is mostly due to the fact that the majority of the earth here is hard and water-resistant.
- Example sentences
- Today's lightweight ‘performance’ fabrics are perfect for waterproofing and water-resistance with barely a hint to the consumer that they have they have been treated.
- On the other hand, if such answers could be found, might the extreme water-resistance of such construction find application in areas of predictable inundation?
- My Waterproof Project Paper is ideal for projects where water-resistance and dimension-stability characteristics are necessary.
Definition of water-resistant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia