- Able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.More example sentences
- Have the child wear sleeves that are snug at the wrist, mittens (they are warmer than gloves) and water-resistant coats and shoes.
- The fabric is water-resistant and durable, capable of withstanding any elements you may encounter on your adventures.
- This is mostly due to the fact that the majority of the earth here is hard and water-resistant.
- More example sentences
- Today's lightweight ‘performance’ fabrics are perfect for waterproofing and water-resistance with barely a hint to the consumer that they have they have been treated.
- On the other hand, if such answers could be found, might the extreme water-resistance of such construction find application in areas of predictable inundation?
- My Waterproof Project Paper is ideal for projects where water-resistance and dimension-stability characteristics are necessary.
More definitions of water-resistantDefinition of water-resistant in:
- The British & World English dictionary