A semiaquatic spider.
- Several species, including the European Argyroneta aquatica (family Argyronetidae), which lives in an underwater dome of silk filled with air
More example sentences
- Being the chicken she is, saw a water spider and asked me to take it out of the pool.
- The humming of the gnats that danced above the eddies of the stream, the beating of the dragon flies' wings, the strokes of the water spiders' legs, like oars which had lifted their boat - all these made audible music.
- When he had finished this, and still didn't know what to do, he found that he could always pass the time by catching huge water spiders from the quay and throwing them at his sister or mother.
Definition of water spider in:
- The British & World English dictionary