- The level below which the ground is saturated with water. Compare with phreatic, vadose.More example sentences
- I learned later that these boreholes, which were dug by cattle ranchers and reached down 100 meters and more, had lowered the water table.
- Not only does trout farming make use of saline groundwater, it could help lower the water table and reduce groundwater's salt content.
- This has resulted in a dramatic drop in the water table.
More definitions of water tableDefinition of water table in:
- The British & World English dictionary