A large African antelope occurring near rivers and lakes in the savanna.
- Kobus ellipsiprymnus, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- Also on sale were Burchell's zebra, warthog, blue and black wildebeest, lechwe, waterbuck, eland, impala, bontebok, gemsbok, kudu, ostrich, red and blue hartebeest, blesbok, springbok, and mountain reedbuck.
- Impala, waterbuck, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, zebra and giraffe all move to drier areas that still offer plenty of goodies to eat.
- Van Hoven said the animals, including roan antelope, eland, reedbuck, waterbuck and maybe even cheetah, will be taken from where they are captured by road to the Walvis Bay harbour in Namibia.
Definition of waterbuck in:
- The British & World English dictionary