- A cress that grows in running water and whose pungent leaves are used in salad.
More example sentences
- Nasturtium officinale, family Brassicaceae
- Edible plants for your pond include watercress, water chestnuts, and arrowhead or Wapato.
- Jobs in one of Hampshire's most distinctive industries, watercress growing, are under threat from government proposals.
- Most aquatic plants prefer calm water, with the exception of watercress, which seems to prefer moving water.
More definitions of watercressDefinition of watercress in:
- The British & World English dictionary