Definition of waterdog in English:
An aquatic North American salamander that is a smaller relative of the mudpuppy, typically living in flowing water.
- Genus Necturus, family Proteidae: several species
- Four Necturus species, the waterdogs, grow to 28 cm in length, and the fifth, N. maculosus, the mudpuppy, grows to more than 40 cm long.
- Live bait (minnows, waterdogs) produced two of the fish, as did spinnerbaits.
- A good population of the Neuse River waterdog, a large salamander, still remains in the Little River, and dam removal increased its habitat.
Definition of waterdog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.