Definition of waterdog in English:
An aquatic North American salamander that is a smaller relative of the mudpuppy, typically living in flowing water.
- Genus Necturus, family Proteidae: several species
- Four Necturus species, the waterdogs, grow to 28 cm in length, and the fifth, N. maculosus, the mudpuppy, grows to more than 40 cm long.
- Live bait (minnows, waterdogs) produced two of the fish, as did spinnerbaits.
- A good population of the Neuse River waterdog, a large salamander, still remains in the Little River, and dam removal increased its habitat.
Definition of waterdog in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India