Definition of waterhen in English:
An aquatic rail, especially a moorhen or related bird.
- Genera Gallinula and Amaurornis, family Rallidae
- Mr Deacon says that far from damaging wildlife, the lake and wetlands already attract kingfishers, mallards, woodpeckers, coots, waterhens, curlews, plovers, deer and foxes.
- In summer we would go down to the Dingle Lodge to swim or look for birds nest and watch waterhens on the canal.
- It is a much larger bird than the waterhen and it is intriguing to watch it as it conducts its underwater manoeuvres.
Definition of waterhen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan