Definition of waterhen in English:
An aquatic rail, especially a moorhen or related bird.
- Genera Gallinula and Amaurornis, family Rallidae
- Mr Deacon says that far from damaging wildlife, the lake and wetlands already attract kingfishers, mallards, woodpeckers, coots, waterhens, curlews, plovers, deer and foxes.
- In summer we would go down to the Dingle Lodge to swim or look for birds nest and watch waterhens on the canal.
- It is a much larger bird than the waterhen and it is intriguing to watch it as it conducts its underwater manoeuvres.
Definition of waterhen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.