Definition of waterleaf in English:
A North American woodland plant with bell-shaped flowers and leaves that appear to be stained with water.
- Genus Hydrophyllum, family Hydrophyllaceae
- The wildflowers, many of which bloom in May, include waterleaf, wild ginger, red trillium, Jack-in-the-pulpit, smooth and woolly blue violet, Solomon's seal, false Solomon's seal, and enchanter's nightshade.
- Wildflowers include miner's lettuce, lacepod, a buttercup, and the showy fiesta flower (a member of the same family as waterleaf).
- Goldenseal root is always bright yellow on the inside, whereas Canadian waterleaf is not.
Definition of waterleaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.