Definition of waterline in English:
1The level normally reached by the water on the side of a ship.
- Yet they have the explosive ability to sink or badly damage even large vessels by blowing open their hull below the waterline.
- Several models present divergent solutions to the same problem, for example the repair of hulls below the waterline.
- It's that green stuff that marks the waterline of your boat.
1.1The level reached by the sea or a river visible as a line on a rock face, beach, or riverbank.
- After checking another cage Greg pointed with his paddle to a dry waterline eight feet up one of the stumps.
- We start in the library, the waterline there only a couple of feet high in a city where some houses were up their eaves in water.
- The river, still carrying debris from recent rains, has dropped eight feet; I can see the old waterline on the trees.
Words that rhyme with waterlinelandmine • carmine
Definition of waterline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.