Definition of waterline in English:
1The level normally reached by the water on the side of a ship.
- Yet they have the explosive ability to sink or badly damage even large vessels by blowing open their hull below the waterline.
- Several models present divergent solutions to the same problem, for example the repair of hulls below the waterline.
- It's that green stuff that marks the waterline of your boat.
1.1The level reached by the sea or a river visible as a line on a rock face, beach, or riverbank.
- After checking another cage Greg pointed with his paddle to a dry waterline eight feet up one of the stumps.
- We start in the library, the waterline there only a couple of feet high in a city where some houses were up their eaves in water.
- The river, still carrying debris from recent rains, has dropped eight feet; I can see the old waterline on the trees.
Words that rhyme with waterlinelandmine • carmine
Definition of waterline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan