noun (plural watermen)
- 1A boatman.More example sentences
- ‘Our membership has strong ties to the water and we rely a lot on the local watermen to teach the workshops,’ said the director of the museum.
- So poor was the harvest of recruits that an appeal was issued to the watermen on the Thames to join up.
- He then became a Thames waterman, and increased his earnings by writing rollicking verse and prose; he obtained the patronage of Jonson and others, and diverted both court and city.
More definitions of watermanDefinition of waterman in:
- The British & World English dictionary