Definition of waterski in English:
noun (plural waterskis)
Each of a pair of skis enabling the wearer to skim the surface of the water when towed by a motorboat.
- Waterskiers pay 45 for one pair of waterskis.
- The owner also had an ancient pair of waterskis, and I just thought, what the heck.
- The yacht is a perfect platform for water sports such as scuba diving, and is equipped with windsurfers, waterskis and snorkels.
verb[no object] Back to top
Skim the surface of water on waterskis.
- This seemingly endless waterway offers something for everyone - fishing, waterskiing, wind surfing, swimming, and jet-skiing abound.
- Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.
- Today was the day for swimming, tubing, and waterskiing at a nearby lake.
- Example sentences
- The 10 mph limit is no problem to sailors and fishermen who now have their peace shattered and lives endangered by waterskiers who compete to see who can pass fastest and closest to their boats.
- A wave of green fire sped across the room like a wake left by waterskiers.
- Motorboats growl on the lake towing waterskiers or tubers behind.
Definition of waterski in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan