- A rotating column of water and spray formed by a whirlwind occurring over the sea or other body of water.More example sentences
- Tornadic thunderstorms can also produce waterspouts and downbursts.
- Technically, it was a waterspout, not a tornado.
- Marlborough then ploughed out into the stormy Mediterranean and passed the rest of the Task Group, her arrival at the Cyprus training grounds being heralded by a severe electrical storm and waterspouts.
More definitions of waterspoutDefinition of waterspout in:
- The British & World English dictionary