Definition of waterthrush in English:
A thrushlike North American warbler related to the ovenbird, found near woodland streams and swamps.
- Genus Seiurus, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae: two species
- Monongahela includes Cranberry Glades, where you'll find Swainson's and hermit thrushes, mourning warbler, northern waterthrush, and swamp sparrow.
- Watoga, West Virginia's largest state park, in the Allegheny highlands, attracts wetland birds such as woodcocks, wood ducks, and waterthrushes.
- Pine warblers, prairies, and Louisiana waterthrushes are fairly easy to find in their respective habitats.
Definition of waterthrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan