Definition of waterthrush in English:
A thrushlike North American warbler related to the ovenbird, found near woodland streams and swamps.
- Genus Seiurus, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae: two species
- Monongahela includes Cranberry Glades, where you'll find Swainson's and hermit thrushes, mourning warbler, northern waterthrush, and swamp sparrow.
- Watoga, West Virginia's largest state park, in the Allegheny highlands, attracts wetland birds such as woodcocks, wood ducks, and waterthrushes.
- Pine warblers, prairies, and Louisiana waterthrushes are fairly easy to find in their respective habitats.
Definition of waterthrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.