- 1Any aquatic plant with inconspicuous flowers, especially a pondweed.More example sentences
- One had tresses of green waterweed hanging in her eyes.
- I grimaced, I hated pickled waterweed, and by the face mother pulled when she ate it, I suspect she did too.
- He sat on the rock, undulating like a waterweed, brie in one hand, knife in the other.
- 2A submerged aquatic American plant that is grown in aquariums and ornamental ponds.
More example sentences
- Genus Elodea, family Hydrocharitaceae: several species, in particular E. canadensis
- Be sure to include submergent plants such as common waterweed and hornwort for their high oxygen output.
More definitions of waterweedDefinition of waterweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary