Definition of wattlebird in English:
The largest of the honeyeaters found in Australia, with a wattle hanging from each cheek.
- Genus Anthochaera (and Melidectes), family Meliphagidae: four species
- From there she can watch red wattlebirds sip the indigo evening and goshawks, white as salt, hunt geckoes in the scrub, the sea a blue presence in her imaginings.
- The yellow wattlebird occurs in eucalypt forest and woodland.
- The red wattlebird moves about quickly and acrobatically within the tree.
Definition of wattlebird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.