- The largest of the honeyeaters found in Australia, with a wattle hanging from each cheek.
More example sentences
- Genus Anthochaera (and Melidectes), family Meliphagidae: four species
- From there she can watch red wattlebirds sip the indigo evening and goshawks, white as salt, hunt geckoes in the scrub, the sea a blue presence in her imaginings.
- The yellow wattlebird occurs in eucalypt forest and woodland.
- The red wattlebird moves about quickly and acrobatically within the tree.
More definitions of wattlebirdDefinition of wattlebird in:
- The British & World English dictionary