Definition of wattlebird in English:
The largest of the honeyeaters found in Australia, with a wattle hanging from each cheek.
- Genus Anthochaera (and Melidectes), family Meliphagidae: four species
- From there she can watch red wattlebirds sip the indigo evening and goshawks, white as salt, hunt geckoes in the scrub, the sea a blue presence in her imaginings.
- The yellow wattlebird occurs in eucalypt forest and woodland.
- The red wattlebird moves about quickly and acrobatically within the tree.
Definition of wattlebird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan