- A group of superposed waves that together form a traveling localized disturbance, especially one described by Schrödinger’s equation and regarded as representing a particle.More example sentences
- Experiments in the 1980s, however, showed that it was possible for the peak of a wave packet to arrive sooner than it would had it travelled at c.
- And when they repeated the experiment without interactions between the atoms, they saw obvious evidence for spreading of the wave packet.
- For example, the phase velocity of a wave packet is a pseudo process but the group velocity is a causal process; yet both licence reliable predictions.
More definitions of wave packetDefinition of wave packet in:
- The British & World English dictionary