Definition of wax palm in English:
Either of two South American palm trees from which wax is obtained.
- ● An Andean palm with a stem coated in a mixture of resin and wax (Ceroxylon alpinum, family Palmae). ● A carnauba.
- The wax palm is Colombia's national tree and itself a threatened species.
- It is currently only thought to occur among the wax palms in the cloud forests of the Colombian Andes.
- But if we don't do something, the wax palm and the yellow-eared parrot will disappear from the planet.
Definition of wax palm in:
- British & World English dictionary