Definition of wax palm in English:
Either of two South American palm trees from which wax is obtained.
- ● An Andean palm with a stem coated in a mixture of resin and wax (Ceroxylon alpinum, family Palmae). ● A carnauba.
- The wax palm is Colombia's national tree and itself a threatened species.
- It is currently only thought to occur among the wax palms in the cloud forests of the Colombian Andes.
- But if we don't do something, the wax palm and the yellow-eared parrot will disappear from the planet.
Definition of wax palm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan