- 1Having a smooth, pale, translucent surface or appearance like that of wax: a canopy of waxen, creamy bloomsMore example sentences
- His face was nearly colorless, his skin pale and waxen.
- The blossoms upon the lilac tree looked waxen in the pale light and filled the air with heavenly fragrance.
- The body was waxen and pale, grained like the ancient bark of an oak after rain.
- 1.1 • archaic or • literary Made of wax: a waxen effigyMore example sentences
- The restaurant area is aglow with vibrant shades of turquoise and tangerine, while huge candles drip waxen stalactites down one wall.