- 1(In Indonesia and Malaysia) a theatrical performance employing puppets or human dancers.More example sentences
- One of the significant breakthroughs Poedijono made is his use of English in his wayang (puppet show) performances.
- At the end of the wayang, Twalen and Merdah advise that the ten elements of peace - earth, water, fire, wind, plants, animals, fish, birds, humans and God - must be cherished, nurtured and controlled.
- Wayang is not something reserved to scholars or court people; every villager knows the wayang, uses its example to educate or chastise children, and has his or her own favourite character.
- 1.1 (also wayang kulit) A Javanese and Balinese shadow puppet play.More example sentences
- But nevertheless, when speaking about that I think it is helpful to make reference to something that is very meaningful, such as the wayang kulit (Javanese shadow puppet) stories.
- Likewise, when you are in the Semar-Bagong Park, you feel as if you are somewhere in Central Java, the land of wayang shadow puppets.
- It was indeed an unusual opening dialog for a wayang performance; one that would never be found in conventional Javanese wayang.
More definitions of wayangDefinition of wayang in:
- The British & World English dictionary