Definition of wayfaring tree in English:
A white-flowered Eurasian shrub that has berries at different stages of ripening (green, red, and black) occurring together, growing chiefly on calcareous soils.
- Viburnum lantana, family Caprifoliaceae
- Select shrubs and trees that produce fruits and berries - cherries and elder for early fruits, Viburnum lantana (wayfaring tree), snowberry, holly and cotoneaster - provide a rich supply of berries in the winter.
- Most of the trees were leafless, but I think there were three wayfaring trees forming part of the hedge.
- It contains some maple and wayfaring trees which have not yet spread into the south boundary.
Definition of wayfaring tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia