A white-flowered Eurasian shrub that has berries at different stages of ripening (green, red, and black) occurring together, growing chiefly on calcareous soils.
- Viburnum lantana, family Caprifoliaceae
More example sentences
- Select shrubs and trees that produce fruits and berries - cherries and elder for early fruits, Viburnum lantana (wayfaring tree), snowberry, holly and cotoneaster - provide a rich supply of berries in the winter.
- Most of the trees were leafless, but I think there were three wayfaring trees forming part of the hedge.
- It contains some maple and wayfaring trees which have not yet spread into the south boundary.
Definition of wayfaring tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary