Definition of waypoint in English:
1A stopping place on a journey.
- Yesterday we demolished a substantial building which they were using as a waypoint to get in.
- It would be unfair, however, to paint the islands as just a grungy waypoint in the North Atlantic.
- Budapest and Bucharest function as waypoints for women en route to Belgrade.
1.1An endpoint of the leg of a course, especially one whose coordinates have been generated by a computer.
- You may want to include user waypoints in your flight plan.
- For navigation purposes, you can use your log to record waypoints and route numbers or times at certain markers for a future good reference.
- It allows easy set-up functions as well as down- and uploads of waypoints, routes and flight tracks.
Definition of waypoint in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India