- Be gradually used up or become less convincing or acceptable: his patience was wearing thin the joke had started to wear thinMore example sentences
- The truth is, however, that you can only watch a movie so many times before the appeal wears thin.
- Anyway, he was funny and fun; but then I saw him a few more times and the gag wore thin.
- Perhaps the excitement of her fantasies wore thin, and she became obsessed with the idea of confessing all, hence acquiring a thrill and notoriety of a different sort.
More definitions of wear thinDefinition of wear thin in:
- The British & World English dictionary