- A strip of rubber, metal, or other material used to seal the edges of a door or window against the cold.More example sentences
- Place weatherstrips full length along the top of the upper sash rail and along the bottom of the lower sash rail.
- The easiest and most popular draft solution is self-sticking weatherstrip tape.
verb (weatherstrips, weatherstripping, weatherstripped)[with object] Back to top
- Apply a weatherstrip to (a door or window).More example sentences
- Caulk and weatherstrip doors and windows that leak air.
- By means of weatherstripping the windows, doors, windshield, trunk and other parts of your auto, you are not only making your car airtight and watertight but safer as well.
- Now that we're ready to weatherstrip the windows, it is best to begin by discussing the different types of windows.
- More example sentences
- Self-adhesive foam rubber weatherstripping is easy to install, widely available, and quite inexpensive.
- Check the caulking, weatherstripping and insulation, and make any necessary repairs.
- Thorough caulking and weatherstripping will control most of these air leaks.
More definitions of weatherstripDefinition of weatherstrip in:
- The British & World English dictionary