Definition of webbing in English:
1Strong, closely woven fabric used for straps, belts, etc., and for supporting the seats of upholstered chairs.
- It was available in oak weave or with cotton webbing, a seat covering more suggestive of indoor use.
- Narrow strips of fabric or leather webbing were interlaced across a seat frame, and a piece of linen was tacked above it.
- There were two foldable aluminum seats with nylon webbing.
2The part of a baseball glove between the thumb and forefinger.
- I came in and I knew I could make a play, but the webbing in my glove was like a string.
- Reiser went to his left on the play, put up his glove and the ball stuck in the webbing.
- Pinch the webbing between your thumb and index finger and push toward the bottom knuckle of your index finger.
Definition of webbing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India