noun( • trademark in the US)
- A video camera that inputs to a computer connected to the Internet, so that its images can be viewed by Internet users.More example sentences
- Podcasting and Internet radio allow anyone to become a DJ, and digital video cameras and webcams are used by a new generation of filmmakers.
- Last Sunday the boy hooked up his new webcam to his computer in his room and sent his first images to his homepage.
- With a USB cable and software, it doubles as a webcam for video chat.
1990s: blend of web in the sense 'World Wide Web' and cam(era).
More definitions of webcamDefinition of webcam in:
- The British & World English dictionary