Definition of webworm in English:
A caterpillar that spins a web in which to rest or feed. When present in large numbers, it can become a serious pest.
- Loxostega and other genera, family Pyralidae
- The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.
- Of these pests, the mimosa webworm is the most serious, especially for thornless varieties.
- These webworms behave a lot like thistle caterpillars in soybeans.
Definition of webworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan