- A caterpillar that spins a web in which to rest or feed. When present in large numbers, it can become a serious pest.
More example sentences
- Loxostega and other genera, family Pyralidae
- The product works as either a preventive or curative control for fire ants, mole crickets, sod webworms, cutworms, armyworms and chinch bugs.
- Of these pests, the mimosa webworm is the most serious, especially for thornless varieties.
- These webworms behave a lot like thistle caterpillars in soybeans.
More definitions of webwormDefinition of webworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary