1A shoe with a wedged heel.
- After several seasons of wedgies and platforms reigning supreme on the streets and in the malls, this year, heels run the gamut.
- The wedgies aren't too bad for dancing, a bit heavy but at least they go with my outfits.
2chiefly North American An uncomfortable tightening of the underpants between the buttocks, typically produced when someone pulls the underpants up from the back as a prank.
- It's like a fire drill at school, with marginally fewer attempted wedgies.
- We used to shun them, mock them, give them wedgies and snicker when they played Dungeons and Dragons.
- After that flour incident, someone slipped some ice cubes in my shirt, placed a big wad of gum on my pants, poured ink all over my hair, all topped with a big wedgie.
Words that rhyme with wedgieedgy, sedgy, solfeggi, veggie
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of wedgie in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.