- A Eurasian willow with trailing branches and foliage reaching down to the ground, widely grown as an ornamental in waterside settings.
More example sentences
- Genus Salix, family Salicaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular S. babylonica
- We glide beneath arched stone-and-ironwork bridges, under the reaches of weeping willows, their branches bowed into the astonishingly clear water.
- I created another area of mystery by cutting an arch into the branches of a weeping willow.
- On the other side of the stream, there was a stone bench sitting under an old weeping willow tree, whose branches came down to the ground, except in the front, facing the stream.
More definitions of weeping willowDefinition of weeping willow in:
- The British & World English dictionary