Definition of weight-watcher in English:
A person who is concerned about their weight, especially one who diets.
- But a cruise ship is no place for weight-watchers.
- Research has shown some foods popular with weight-watchers may contain more fat than non-dieting products.
- There are a lot of regular guests who turn up just to tuck into salads, including many who are avowed weight-watchers.
From the proprietary name Weight Watchers, an organization promoting dietary control as a means of losing weight.
- Example sentences
- Thankfully the vet said they could help us, and offered a weight-watching programme.
- Let's face it, as with weight-watching, you have time to make up for your innocent untruths.
- Yes, I ate mangos, and no, I wasn't some weird weight-watching freak.
Pronunciation: /ˈwātˌwäCHiNG/noun& adjective
Definition of weight-watcher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan