Definition of welfarism in English:
The principles or policies associated with a welfare state.
- Months later, many are still surprised, at the state's stern monetary and fiscal policies and with the populist, old-style welfarism of its campaign against hunger.
- The executive wing have no intention of going back to the old days of social democracy and welfarism.
- It is not Treaty settlement legislation but welfarism and bureaucracy, and it needs substantial amendment.
welfarist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The big players in the global economy, not to mention the Bretton Woods institutions simply will not like a government which implements expensive welfarist policies of this kind.
- My position is ultimately that these debates between the social welfarist position and the individual's philosophy are all very interesting, but they're ultimately quite arid.
- In practice, however, rather than replacing the old structures of juvenile justice, the new welfarist principles were simply grafted onto them.
Definition of welfarism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia