1(Of a person) large and strong.
- Fifteen years passed by quickly, and Felix grew into a strong well-built man.
- Sachio was strong, well-built man with fierce eyes and long hair tied back in a tight ponytail on top of his head.
- ‘Ok,’ Nicole replied, striding over to the tall, handsome, well-built man.
1.1Of strong, solid construction: the well-built and massively thick walls
More example sentences
- What we have here is one well-built, solid little car that's dressed up as a rally car.
- Organizational developments as well as large-scale capital investments gave impetus to the construction of well-built roads run by turnpike trusts and to the making of a nation-wide canal network.
- It is solid, well-built, and with lots of tender loving care, should give at least five years' good service.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: well built
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.