Definition of well endowed in English:
1Having plentiful supplies of a resource: the country is well endowed with mineral resources
More example sentences
- Kurdistan is also well endowed with that other, increasingly scarce resource, water: it is here that the Euphrates and the Tigris, as well as their major tributaries, have their origins.
- Asia and the Pacific Indo-Malaysia is currently well endowed with tropical rainforest, within which mountain types are abundant.
- The Central African Republic is well endowed with energy resources.
1.1Well provided with money; wealthy.
- Inevitably, wealthier parents selected well-endowed private and government schools for their children, while poorer schools entered a cycle of declining resources, poorer results and falling student numbers.
- ‘We are not a well-endowed school in spite of popular myth, and the money puts us in a position to be able to move our development programme a couple of steps ahead,’ said the headmaster.
- It comes as no surprise that the well-endowed private schools scored an average 99 percent pass rate.
1.3 informal, humorous (Of a woman) large-breasted.
- No points for guessing this comment came from a well-endowed woman.
- One could only watch so much of well-endowed women in bathing suits running before it started to get kind of boring and repetitive.
- She was especially well-endowed and on her tight T-shirt there was an image of the blessed Henrik.
Definition of well endowed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.