Definition of well rounded in English:
1Having a smooth, curved shape: well-rounded quartz pebbles
More example sentences
- The quartz grains are well-rounded and often show frosted, pitted surface textures.
- Some junctions between slabs are also marked by isolated well-rounded cobbles and pebbles of quartzite.
- The lowest layer of valley-filling debris includes well-rounded rocks ranging in size from pebbles to boulders.
1.1(Of a person) plump.
- Yet the whole point of citing Monroe was that she had a well-rounded figure, demonstrating that it's not only OK but sexy to be big in hips or tummy.
- Girls, boys, old people - even the famously well-rounded female population of Fiji is falling victim to fat fears.
1.2Pleasingly varied or balanced: a dry, robust, well-rounded wine
More example sentences
- The book does not give precedent to any particular period of Abbey's life, instead providing a well-rounded overview of his varied experiences.
- The Japanese track sounds louder, more aggressive, with the dialogue being significantly louder and more distinct, well-rounded and pleasing bass levels.
- One way to make sure you're getting all the protein you need is to add whey protein to your other protein sources to provide a well-rounded balance.
1.3(Of a person) having a personality that is fully developed in all aspects.
- It was important not to concentrate wholly on the academic but to develop well-rounded people, while the academic aspects were also very important.
- However, there is a determined emphasis on developing well-rounded individuals.
- ‘The school enables children to develop as mature, well-rounded individuals with respect and care for others,’ inspectors concluded.
1.5(Of an education) covering well the necessary areas of instruction.
- The school opened its doors in 1999, and at present, there are nearly 300 children from the Eldoret area getting a well-rounded education.
- Within any national education system, whether here in Australia, the UK or anywhere in the world, the arts are not necessary only as an autonomous part of a well-rounded education.
- Since both programs enable students to go part-time, and make sure students have practical internship/job experiences, students receive a well-rounded education.
Definition of well rounded in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.