Definition of well upholstered in English:
1(Of a chair or sofa) having plenty of padding.
- Alexander waited until Maria had settled onto the sofa, before himself sitting down in a well-upholstered armchair.
- There is that same absolutely beautiful girl sitting in a well upholstered chair next to a bassinet.
- But for this sort of philosophising we need a special place to sit - and I don't mean a well-upholstered armchair by the fire.
1.1 humorous (Of a person) fat.
- A definite man's man, he just can't help commenting on well-upholstered women.
- There's a wedding party in progress at the top table - an assortment of older relatives, skylarking kids and well-upholstered bridesmaids.
- The boys frantically raced about pleading with newspapers not to buy the piece because their mother didn't know about their well-upholstered friend the stewardess.
Definition of well upholstered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan