Definition of well upholstered in English:
1(Of a chair or sofa) having plenty of padding.
- Alexander waited until Maria had settled onto the sofa, before himself sitting down in a well-upholstered armchair.
- There is that same absolutely beautiful girl sitting in a well upholstered chair next to a bassinet.
- But for this sort of philosophising we need a special place to sit - and I don't mean a well-upholstered armchair by the fire.
1.1 humorous (Of a person) fat.
- A definite man's man, he just can't help commenting on well-upholstered women.
- There's a wedding party in progress at the top table - an assortment of older relatives, skylarking kids and well-upholstered bridesmaids.
- The boys frantically raced about pleading with newspapers not to buy the piece because their mother didn't know about their well-upholstered friend the stewardess.
Definition of well upholstered in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.