- One of the two thermometers of a psychrometer, the bulb of which is enclosed in wetted material so that water is constantly evaporating from it and cooling the bulb.More example sentences
- A wet bulb thermometer is simply a thermometer with the bulb wrapped in moist muslin.
- Comfort conditions were calculated from dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperature measurements as well as wind speed.
- For this Friday Market in Kuwait, hot dry external air is humidified with jets of atomized water, and cooled to near wet bulb temperature.
More definitions of wet bulbDefinition of wet bulb in:
- The British & World English dictionary