- A chemical that can be added to a liquid to reduce its surface tension and make it more effective in spreading over and penetrating surfaces.More example sentences
- Detergents are chemical compounds that contain wetting agents and emulsifiers.
- This is the result of there being too little of a substance known as a surfactant, which acts as a kind of detergent or wetting agent to lower the surface tension of the fluid in the lungs.
- Premature babies develop breathing problems because their lungs do not make enough surfactant, a wetting agent, which creates the correct surface tension for the lungs to function.
More definitions of wetting agentDefinition of wetting agent in:
- The British & World English dictionary