1 humorous Human brain cells or thought processes regarded as analogous to, or in contrast with, computer systems.
- There's more to web services than the promise of sacking your call center casual labor, and obliging the public to use fully automated self-service applications instead, of semi-automated human wetware.
- You don't need messy human wetware - foul drunken journalists - and it's much more of an ‘end-to-end’ solution, whatever that may be.
- To accommodate their clients, Hanover installed some wetware - human beings - into the online shopping process.
1.1(Chiefly in science fiction) computer technology in which the brain is linked to artificial systems, or used as a model for artificial systems based on biochemical processes.
- He and CR5 had made use of the ship's wetware downloading system to temporarily enhance his brain to the point where he could easily function in the absence of time.
- As this happened, that you yourself would somehow be transferred from the wetware of the brain into the hardware of the microchip.
Definition of wetware in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.