Definition of whale shark in English:
A very large tropical shark that typically swims close to the surface, where it feeds chiefly on plankton. It is the largest known fish.
- Rhincodon typus, the sole member of the family Rhincodontidae
- Shark finning is a lucrative business, with a single fin from a whale shark or a basking shark being worth as much as $14, \500.
- The largest of all fish, the whale shark, lives off plankton alone!
- At 22 meters, it is almost twice as long as the whale shark, the biggest fish in the ocean today.
Definition of whale shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.