Definition of whale shark in English:
A very large tropical shark that typically swims close to the surface, where it feeds chiefly on plankton. It is the largest known fish.
- Rhincodon typus, the sole member of the family Rhincodontidae
- Shark finning is a lucrative business, with a single fin from a whale shark or a basking shark being worth as much as $14, \500.
- The largest of all fish, the whale shark, lives off plankton alone!
- At 22 meters, it is almost twice as long as the whale shark, the biggest fish in the ocean today.
Definition of whale shark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan