Definition of wheatgrass in English:
1Any of various creeping grasses, especially couch grass.
- A bluebunch wheatgrass now in the final stages of testing, for example, is the result of crossbreeding parent plants from 25 different sites throughout 6 western states and British Columbia.
- In a six-hundred-acre planting project in Ephraim Canyon, he favored a native bromegrass and a native wheatgrass, which had both been collected on the Manti Forest.
- The cherry picker went up again, and the lineman looped ropes beneath the nest, a bagel-shaped cup four feet across, woven from cottonwood branches and padded with wheatgrass.
2The young shoots of the wheat plant Triticum aestivum, preparations of which are credited with various health-giving properties.
- "One ounce of wheatgrass is equivalent to more than 2.5 lbs of leafy-green vegetables," screamed the signboard at Juice Zone, a Canadian'juice bar ' franchise at the local mall.
- I started with a carrot, apple, beetroot and ginger juice, a shot of wheatgrass, two nectarines, and apple, and a tray of cherries that I still have for later.
- Two trays of fresh, growing wheatgrass cost £16.50, including the essential overnight courier delivery charge (£8.50).
Definition of wheatgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan