Definition of wheatgrass in English:
1Any of various creeping grasses, especially couch grass.
- A bluebunch wheatgrass now in the final stages of testing, for example, is the result of crossbreeding parent plants from 25 different sites throughout 6 western states and British Columbia.
- In a six-hundred-acre planting project in Ephraim Canyon, he favored a native bromegrass and a native wheatgrass, which had both been collected on the Manti Forest.
- The cherry picker went up again, and the lineman looped ropes beneath the nest, a bagel-shaped cup four feet across, woven from cottonwood branches and padded with wheatgrass.
2The young shoots of the wheat plant Triticum aestivum, preparations of which are credited with various health-giving properties.
- Two trays of fresh, growing wheatgrass cost £16.50, including the essential overnight courier delivery charge (£8.50).
- One study from the University of Texas Medical Center found the extract of wheatgrass inhibited the cancer-causing effects of two mutagens.
- There is no evidence that raw food, much less wheatgrass enemas, have ANY health effects positive or negative.
Words that rhyme with wheatgrassunderpass • ryegrass
Definition of wheatgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.