Definition of wheelbarrow in English:
A small cart with a single wheel at the front and two supporting legs and two handles at the rear, used typically for carrying loads in building-work or gardening.
- When it's time to use it, set the sifter on top of your wheelbarrow or garden cart and shovel some compost into it.
- To allow room for a wheelbarrow or garden cart, plan on 2-to 3-foot-wide walkways.
- Old gardening boots, wheelbarrows, and toolboxes can make whimsical substitutes for expensive outdoor containers.
verb[with object] Back to top
Carry (a load) in a wheelbarrow.
- Collecting the fallen beech and laurel leaves, piling them into large crackling clumps and then wheelbarrowing them to the compost heap, and sweating in the process, felt very satisfying.
- When it is full it can be removed with a shovel and wheelbarrowed out to an outdoor composting bin or buried in trenches outside.
- They wheelbarrowed concrete from the truck outside my fence inside to the patio surprisingly efficiently.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan