- A small cart with a single wheel at the front and two supporting legs and two handles at the rear, used typically for carrying loads in building-work or gardening.More example sentences
- When it's time to use it, set the sifter on top of your wheelbarrow or garden cart and shovel some compost into it.
- To allow room for a wheelbarrow or garden cart, plan on 2-to 3-foot-wide walkways.
- Old gardening boots, wheelbarrows, and toolboxes can make whimsical substitutes for expensive outdoor containers.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Carry (a load) in a wheelbarrow.More example sentences
- Collecting the fallen beech and laurel leaves, piling them into large crackling clumps and then wheelbarrowing them to the compost heap, and sweating in the process, felt very satisfying.
- When it is full it can be removed with a shovel and wheelbarrowed out to an outdoor composting bin or buried in trenches outside.
- They wheelbarrowed concrete from the truck outside my fence inside to the patio surprisingly efficiently.