noun (plural wheelmen)North American • informal
- 1A person who drives a car or takes the wheel of a boat.More example sentences
- Along with Gordon, Stewart is the best pure wheelman in NASCAR and, now, in the midst of an historic hot streak, he is driving with enormous confidence.
- Wanted: One wheelman with an extraordinarily heavy foot.
- After his win at Texas, Biffle said the current spoiler package makes the cars the most difficult he's ever driven - but being a wheelman, he's well suited for the challenge.
- 1.1A cyclist.More example sentences
- Those early wheelmen didn't have bicycle helmets, but they did wear close-fitting long-visored caps.
More definitions of wheelmanDefinition of wheelman in:
- The British & World English dictionary