Definition of whimbrel in English:
A small migratory curlew of northern Eurasia and northern Canada, with a striped crown and a trilling call.
- Numenius phaeopus, family Scolopacidae
- There were 29 Hudsonian godwits, several whimbrels, 2 dunlins, greater shearwaters and black tern.
- Other prominent shorebirds are the whimbrels and godwits.
- Spotted redshank share their forest-marsh nesting grounds with wood sandpipers, greenshank, whimbrel, jack snipe and broad-billed sandpipers.
Words that rhyme with whimbreltimbrel
Definition of whimbrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.