Definition of whinchat in English:
A small Eurasian and North African songbird related to the stonechat, with a brown back and orange-buff underparts.
- Saxicola rubetra, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- Insect life is increasing rapidly, encouraging birds such as snipe, curlew, grasshopper warbler, sedge warbler, and whinchat.
- Evidence of breeding for both wheatears and whinchats would be particularly welcomed by the County Recorder!
- Plenty stonechats, whinchats, wheatear, both adults and young were abundant in numbers.
Words that rhyme with whinchatchitchat • samizdat
Definition of whinchat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan