Definition of whipworm in English:
A parasitic nematode worm with a stout posterior and slender anterior part, especially one that infests the intestines of domestic animals.
- Genus Trichuris, class Aphasmida (or Adenophorea)
- He came up with the idea after noticing that a rise in cases of IBD coincided with a drop in infections caused by roundworms and human whipworms.
- These parasites, such as roundworm, hookworm and whipworm, are found in the soil in some areas and spread through ingestion of infected soil or through the soles of bare feet.
- For example, transmission of roundworm, whipworm and hookworm requires a warm wet environment to ensure survival of eggs or larvae in soil that is contaminated with human faeces.
Definition of whipworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan