- A long-legged duck with an upright stance and a whistling call, often perching on branches. Also called tree duck.
More example sentences
- Genus Dendrocygna, family Anatidae: several species
- Apart from the ducks already mentioned there were some Bronzewinged Jacanas, Little grebes, Coots, Spotbilled and Lesser whistling ducks.
- There are nature sites with viewing platforms overlooking wild iguanas, egrets, West Indian whistling ducks, and many other birds.
- Flocks of magpie geese and whistling ducks, startled by the outboard, take to the air shattering the early morning silence with their calls.
More definitions of whistling duckDefinition of whistling duck in:
- The British & World English dictionary