Definition of whistling duck in English:
A long-legged duck with an upright stance and a whistling call, often perching on branches. Also called tree duck.
- Genus Dendrocygna, family Anatidae: several species
- Apart from the ducks already mentioned there were some Bronzewinged Jacanas, Little grebes, Coots, Spotbilled and Lesser whistling ducks.
- There are nature sites with viewing platforms overlooking wild iguanas, egrets, West Indian whistling ducks, and many other birds.
- Flocks of magpie geese and whistling ducks, startled by the outboard, take to the air shattering the early morning silence with their calls.
Definition of whistling duck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia