Definition of whistling swan in English:
A bird of the North American race of the tundra swan, breeding in northern Canada and overwintering on the coasts of the US.
- Cygnus columbianus columbianus, family Anatidae
- Waterfowl that can be found here include Canada goose, yellow-billed loon, arctic loon, red-throated loon, tundra swan, whistling swan, snow goose, oldsquaw duck and sea ducks.
- The law protects the whistling swans in their winter homes.
- Along the stream headed towards Nagano, there is an area where whistling swans have recently been making their stopovers.
Definition of whistling swan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan