- A North American butterfly that has black wings bearing a broad white band and a marginal row of blue dashes.
More example sentences
- Limenitis arthemis, subfamily Limenitinae, family Nymphalidae. See red-spotted purple
- The Butterfly House is under a tent in the summer where the white admiral butterfly reigns as Quebec's official insect.
- The white admiral feeds on flower nectar, the juice of overripe fruit and the sap of damaged trees.
- It is likely that over the next few years we may see white admirals returning to some of their old Essex haunts.
More definitions of white admiralDefinition of white admiral in:
- The British & World English dictionary