- A long white protective garment worn by doctors, hospital attendants, and laboratory workers.More example sentences
- When I began this book I thought scientists had no emotional life, they were men and women in white coats.
- Medical students from a Rome teaching hospital bicycled through the capital wearing their white coats and stethoscopes to protest against the cuts in spending on research.
- She is a natural listener and it is easy to imagine her in a white coat with a stethoscope in her pocket, dispensing sympathy and stern wisdom at the bedside.
More definitions of white coatDefinition of white coat in:
- The British & World English dictionary