nounNorth American • informal
- Illicit homemade whiskey, typically colorless and distilled from corn.More example sentences
- For example, many cultures pride themselves on their foul-tasting local drinks, such as white lightning, pulque, chong, retsina, and so on.
- He thinks wistfully of how he used to hop freights, white lightning in hobo jungles, go through the pockets of the recently dead.
- I wonder if Bogart has ever had the pleasure of drinking a jar of 160-proof white lightning.
More definitions of white lightningDefinition of white lightning in:
- The British & World English dictionary