- A sparrow that winters in southern and eastern North America. It has prominent yellow eyebrows and a white patch at the throat.
More example sentences
- Zonotrichia albicollis, family Emberizidae
- The white-throated sparrow is uncommon in winter along the west coast of the United States, and it is rare to see one in southern California.
- I can hear the songs of migrating birds: phoebes, white-throated sparrows, towhees, catbirds, chipping sparrows.
- Yes, we enjoy the birds that make up our winter scene and are glad when the white-throated sparrows and the juncos return.